Saturday, August 30, 2008

My Favorite Things: The Minnesota State Fair

I love the Minnesota State Fair! Mostly, I love the food. The cream puffs, Sweet Martha's cookies, cheese curds and lemonade, chocolate malts...and of course trying something new and different that you can't get anywhere else. Last year it was teriyaki ostrich. Yuck. I thought it was awful. But I always like to try something new there.

I also love walking through all the exhibits. Let's see, there's just so many...the crafts, the bee/honey display, the animal barns. Ooh! And I love to see the live radio and television broadcasts. And then there's Ye Olde Mill, and the dairy princesses' heads carved in butter...

Whenever I hear that the state fair is starting, I just ache to go. And whenever I do get to go, by the end of the day I'm sweaty and dirty and hot and tired, and I'm ready to go home again.

I won't get to go this year. :( Maybe next year.

No comments: