Monday, March 2, 2009

Peanut Warning

As the aunt of a severely peanut allergic child, I've become more aware of peanuts in public places. On Saturday, we went to Texas Roadhouse. Buckets of peanuts are available in the waiting area, and people throw their peanut shells on the floor. The people whose shoes are seen here even decided to start throwing peanut shells at each other. I've never understood what's so great about being able to throw your peanut shells on the floor in bars. Can anyone explain it to me?

Anyway, if you're allergic to peanuts, Texas Roadhouse is not a place you want to be.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Thank you - you're awesome.

I did know that about Texas Roadhouse. I can't remember which restaurant I went to years & years ago that also had peanut shells on the floor. I just don't get the concept; I think restaurants are supposed to be clean! Someone told me that they think the peanut shells in bars are supposed to help sop up spilled beer or something, but that was just a theory.