Thursday, July 26, 2007

Why I Love My Garden, By Prairie Bride, Age 30


Despite our lack of rain and HOT weather, my flowers are surviving. Tough little buggers. I can't take any credit for them. I usually forget to go water them in the evenings,
and it's been weeks since it rained.
.
This is why I love my garden:
.
1.) All of the plants are perennials, except for the
climbing vine, God bless 'em.
Perennials rule.
They come up every year, with very little maintenance once they're established.
.
2.) The previous owner, who planted the garden, had the foresight to plant flowers that bloom at different times.
I almost always have something in bloom, all summer long.

.

..


.

These magenta and yellow ones are my favorites.

.

. .

.


I even tried to get an artsy shot with a bee hovering near one of the plants.
.
But then the bee started hovering around me and my brightly colored shirt,
which is when I spastically waved my hands in the air
and said to the bee (out loud, not realizing I was within earshot of the neighbors),
.
I am not a flower!!
.
I'm so cool.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

mamakate said...

Your flowers are beautiful! You are so funny.

Sis said...

Those are lovely gardens! I haven't been to your house in the summer, have I? I didn't know it looked like that.